Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Sep. 9th, 2005

There is so much to cover. And I don't know where to begin. So I'll begin with last week.

I spent two days helping out Josh Demers. I met Josh one year ago on August 17th, the very first day I came to Job Corps. His job is to orient the students who arrive on center and prepare them for a life of mental anguish, torment, and psychological abuse. I assisted him with the students who came in last week, helping out with paperwork, telling them the trick for opening the pad locks they were given, and I even had the chance to impart some words of wisdom of my own.

I also did more job searching. All of this ended up with me getting a 3 on my incentive scores, and knocking me back to Blue level instead of on Platinum where I belong. Marian Walker refused to budge of course so I put my foot down and said, "Fine. But I'm not doing any more copying for you or anyone else in the building." I figure it's fair enough since I'm all ready a trade completer and I no longer really need to kiss anyone's ass around here.

I'm still waiting for the Loring Center to make up their minds on whether or not to accept my transfer. But in the meantime I'm trying to find a job that will cover me here in Vermont in case that doesn't go through.

Wish me luck is all I can say.

No comments:

Post a Comment