Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Nov. 14th, 2005

I saw my very first live moose on the way back from a mall trip Saturday afternoon.

It wasn't a very cathartic experience, since I barely caught a glimpse of it out of the bus window as we were moving along at 50 miles an hour. But since the moose wasn't in front of us I think it was a plus. Still, nothing would move me more than to see a moose for a longer period of time, preferably on one of my walks about the campus. I hear they frequent the campus quite a bit, since we're surrounded by national forest.

Still trudging along at Web Design. I think I've got the HTML stuff down, so now I'm going go try to move on to Flash.

One of the perks of being at the Loring Center is that we have real cable in the dorms. So I've been able to watch BBC America a bit more frequently.

During my viewing of the channel I've started to watch a series called NY-LON. It's about this banker in England and a record store owner in New York who fall in love while the latter is vacationing in London.

Edie, the New Yorker, is bogged down by her own personal entanglements. She's got an ex-boyfriend who's brother just died and is trying to rekindle the relationship.

Micheal, the Londoner, is also bogged down by personal entanglements. Specifically he has a nephew whom he takes care of alot because the kid's bastard of a father apparently split the nest. And Mike's feelings about his own brother, who happens to be the father, is actually something I can identify with. As someone who's father left him at an early age, I'm overwhelmed with anger towards any prick who has the dick to knock up some woman but doesn't have the balls to take care of the result.

Anyway, I don't know what it is with romance plots, but this series actually has my interest. And since it's on Saturday night at 6 PM I can actually watch it for however long the Loring Center has the money to front the cable bill. With my luck it'll be another two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment